Between the economy, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, and the general feeling that things are not like they used to be, there’s a growing interest in being prepared for emergencies and disasters.
We’ve put this together for everyone who wants to be ready for what might happen, but are not sure where to start.
If you’ve done any research on the subject, you’ve probably seen checklists and think that’s where to start.
The check lists may work for most people, but what works for you?
We’re going to consider your specific situation to create a custom plan so that you’ll be prepared for a disaster or emergency that could happen to you.
Here are the 5 steps that will get you started.
1. Define what you are preparing for
2. Make a list of what you would need for 3 days, 2 weeks, long term.
3. Prioritize those things by how critical they are and how soon you need them.
4. Get the things you’ll need for a short term situation right now.
5. Work down the list, buying things as you can afford them.